Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Culture Shock

Hey all whoimnotsurestillfollowme,

So what has been happening with me for the past few weeks? quite a lot of small things happened actually . Oral Health Week

So me,Jason,Emily,Jackson and Shih Yu were the juniors in the Oral Disease booth with Melanie,Pei Shian, Jonathan,Serene and Michelle. We had to prepare a couple of games for the booth so we made our own wheel of fortune and the pasting game. Not forgetting we had to prepare some bookmarks for the prizes. It was a fun time working with my batchmates for the games. Oral Health Week was from 20th-21st of April. It was a tiring but fun 2 days. We were given a crash course for the booth so that when the senior leaves us for classes we would be able to carry on . Initially it was quite difficult to explain to the participants but after a while I got the hang of it. Only on the 2nd day towards the end I got more relaxed because less people came. Overall it was a fun event.

Last week , we had our first presentation to do. Me and Shuxuan presented Cerebrovascular accident or in English terms means STROKE. I honestly don't think we did that well but did enough I hope for enough marks. Moving on .....

Next was Intevarsity games. It was hosted by AIMST university in Sg Petani, Kedah. Penang Dental College was the other uni invited. I participated in badminton, pingpong, 4x200m(no joke) and tug-of-war. The bus ride there took us like 7 hours man.We arrived in aimst at 12+am.... Finally got to know Mac Cool at night at the cafe. haha. We had a tour around the campus on the next morning. I think it was some kind of plan to make us all tired before our game. I'mjustsaying. Anwyays badminton was in the afternoon. Played against AIMST first. Was in singles and lost -_- was freaking nervous AGAIN la.miss dunno how many shots. Our team lost the tie 1-4. Next was against PIDC. Was in singles again. When I played I was a bit nervous and just mentally drained but told myself I'm playing for my team,IMU. My opponent could hit every shuttle back so I had to play difficult shots to beat him. This was the match I really put my experience into. Had to know how and which to get my points . In the 3rd and 2nd set I maintained until about 15-15, then I up my tempo for the last few points. It was a real turning point for me.Had to build my confidence slowly through matches like these.. Overally i'm pretty satisfied with my performances. Bus ride home was 10 hours long -_-

Pingpong was a joke. Like literally. I played doubles with Xian Long until the referrees and match officials laugh at us. We played our best but didn't put too much pressure cos quite frankly we weren't under any. Lol. We just had fun. After that went on to see our basketball team win both matches in men's . I was literally the water boy man.

Sam Ye Han asked me to take part in the 4x200m at night since every other player either gone case or taking part in other event. HowcouldIsayno. So yeah. I ran..nuffsaid..we didn't get last =P

So despite all the curry meals, long walking distance to the sports complex, long early tour arnd the campus, highest room in the apartment...it was a good event. Will come back next year.

Eh but serious lo.. every camp I go to my room is always the furthest wan lo. Have to walk so much.kthxbai










No comments: